This course offers learners the relevant experience, and/ or an honours degree supported by aptitude, the knowledge and skills needed to operate effectively in a finance and accounting career.
The Diploma in Accounting and Finance (PGD/AF) is a 6-unit accredited postgraduate diploma course, which offers those learners with relevant experience, and/or an honours degree supported by aptitude/potential, the knowledge and skills they need to be operationally effective in a career in the fields of accounting and finance. For those learners that have prior experience in accounting and finance and who also possess a professional qualification, the pathway through this programme will develop their professional competence. This is a year-long programme. The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed to meet the needs of business/non-business graduates, who wish to progress their studies and to position themselves strategically in the world of business. It is also designed for senior/middle managers to support them in the running of their businesses and to facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisation. Furthermore, it offers those learners with relevant experience, Higher National Diploma (HND) and/or an honours degree supported by aptitude/potential, the knowledge and skills they need to be operationally effective in a career in the fields of accounting and finance. For those learners that have prior experience in accounting and finance and who also possess a professional qualification, the pathway through this programme will develop their professional competence. The programme consists of 6 units. Learners are required to complete all the 6 units that make up this programme, in order to gain the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance. Each unit is made up of 20 credits and learners are required to complete a total of 120 credits in order to receive their diploma. A learner will, on average, take 150 hours (incl. class time, self-study and assessment) to complete each course.
The qualification consists of the following five (6) units
- Corporate Reporting
- Ethical Behaviour and Corporate Governance
- Finacial Analysis
- Strategy and Global Finance
- Strategic Auditing
- Strategic Financial Management
ENTRY REQUIREMENTSWhile learners need not have any previous formal qualification to enrol on this programme, we strongly recommend that learners have a
- Higher National Diploma (HND)/Honours degree at a minimum of lower second class (2:2), or an equivalent qualification, OR
- A minimum of 5 years’ managerial work experience in Business Managerial roles and evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language will be expected to demonstrate a certified level of proficiency of at least IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6 or above. Proof of proficiency must not be more than 2 year old. To take a test, visit http://bit.ly/RoegateDuolingo or https://ieltsonlinetests.com/
TEACHING, LEARNING, ASSESSMENTS
The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed for learners who have gained a considerable degree of subject knowledge and proficiency from undergraduate studies, experience within the workplace, or both. The approach to study is essentially one of critique and evaluation: using the results of current and recent research and case studies to analyse, evaluate and appraise established methods, practices or techniques. Teaching input is provided via a wide range of approaches including lectures and seminars (online ), video and case studies. Particular emphasis is placed on team approaches and the setting of work-based tasks at a strategic level. Learning strategies include syndicate work, group presentations, working with local business organisations, and self-managed learning. Assessments have a strong practical and professional orientation and enable learners to develop a range of practical management skills relevant to senior roles in their organisation. Work-based assignments are used where relevant and practical in order to help participants:
- Relate their learning to their work environment
- Increase their knowledge of that environment
- Raise their profile and ensure that their sponsor gains immediate practical benefit
- Access increased employability/progression opportunities.
The learning outcomes will be achieved through the use of the following learning and teaching methods and strategies:
- Learning and teaching situations such as lectures, tutorials and seminars
- Live and simulated case studies
- Independent and group activities (class and non-class based)
Speakers and subject specialists
- Coursework assignments (including problem-solving activities, simulations, consultancy projects, individual and group reports, as well as more conventional written forms such as essays and other discursive assignments
Reflective forms of assessment (e.g. portfolios, learner logs, and peer engagement)
SUCCESSFUL COURSE COMPLETIONThis unit is made up of 120 credits. A learner will, on average, take 120 hours (incl. class time, self-study and assessment) to complete each course.
PROGRESSIONStudents completing the Postgraduate Diploma inAccounting and Finance will be able to progress to the final stage of the MSc in Accounting and Finance in University of Northampton.
PROFESSIONAL BODY RECOGNITIONThis Postgraduate Diploma is recognised by the UK Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA), a globally-recognised professional membership body. You can apply for Associate Financial Accountant (AFA) membership status of the IFA, enjoying a significantly reduced membership fee. Click here for a list of benefits. Holders of the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance can now obtain exemptions from four (of six) examinations from the UK AIA Certificate in Accountancy. This certificate is the first stage of the AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification.
HOW TO APPLYAdmissions at Roegate College takes place all year round. To apply, contact the Admissions Office by sending an email to email@example.com or WhatsApp chat/call/text +353892079478.
PROGRAMME DURATIONThe Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance will run over 9 months. However, students may decide to study at their own pace, which may increase or decrease the period of course completion.
- Corporate Reporting Unlimited
- Ethical Behavior & Corporate Governance Unlimited
- Financial Analyst Unlimited
- Strategy and Global Finance Unlimited
- Strategic Auditing Unlimited
- Strategic Financial Management Unlimited