The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed for business or non-business graduates. It is useful to help them progress their studies and/or to position themselves strategically in the world of business. It is also designed for senior/middle managers to support them in the running of their businesses and to facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisations.
The programme consists of 6 units. Learners are required to complete all the 6 units that make up this programme, in order to gain the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance. Each unit is made up of 20 credits and learners are required to complete a total of 120 credits in order to receive their diploma. A learner will, on average, take 150 hours (incl. class time, self-study and assessment) to complete each course.
The qualification consists of the following five (6) units
- Corporate Reporting
- Ethical Behaviour and Corporate Governance
- Financial Analysis
- Strategy and Global Finance
- Strategic Auditing
- Strategic Financial Management
There is no examination for this course. Assessment will be by
- Coursework assignments (including problem-solving activities, simulations, consultancy projects, individual and group reports, essays and other discursive assignments
- Reflective forms of assessment (e.g. portfolios, learner logs, and peer engagement)
While learners need not have any previous formal qualification to enrol on this programme, we strongly recommend that learners have a:
- Higher National Diploma (HND)/Honours degree at a minimum of lower second class (2:2), or an equivalent qualification, OR
- A minimum of 5 years’ managerial work experience in Business Managerial roles and evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate a certified level of proficiency, if English is not their first language. This should be of at least IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6 or above. Proof of proficiency must not be more than 2 years old. To take a test, visit http://bit.ly/RoegateDuolingo or https://ieltsonlinetests.com/